I’ve Put Wrong Fuel in Lorry in Surrey, What to Do Now?
Put wrong fuel in Lorry in Surrey? Don’t panic, a lot of us make this mistake of putting the wrong fuel in our vehicles. In-fact every four minutes 1 person makes this error. It is an easy mistake to make and once you make this mistake a sudden panic kicks in and you think the Lorry’s engine is ruined and you are going to face a huge bill for the lapse in concentration.
When you fill a diesel Lorry with petrol there is a serious risk that you will damage your engine. Petrol acts as a solvent with repairs coming up to hundreds or even thousands of pounds if the engine ceases as the contaminated fuel goes through the system. Metal particles from the pump could be deposited in the fuel which risks further damage.
Lorry Wrong Fuel Experts in Surrey
If you’ve mistakenly put wrong fuel in your Lorry in Surrey, don’t panic as GMM1 Surrey has the right solution for your Lorry. We cover all Surrey and every make and every model. What to do when you realize that you have misfuelled your Lorry in Surrey, if you haven’t started your Lorry’s engine don’t start it. If possible, put your Lorry in neutral and ask for help to shift it to a safe spot. GMM1 Surrey has expert Lorry wrong fuel engineers who drain your Lorry’s engine at the cheapest online prices.
Wrong Fuel Drained from Lorry in Surrey
The best way to get you back on the road is to drain the Lorry fuel tank and get the filter cleaned or replaced. Fortunately, all these services are available at GMM1 Surrey and are done by experts with years of experience in this field. This is the best way to protect your Lorry’s engine in Surrey from damage.
However, don’t be harsh on yourself as hundreds of thousands of drivers have done the same, 150,000 a year to be precise, so you are not alone.
Some Wrong Fuel Facts
One person ever four minutes fills their vehicle in with wrong fuel which can wreak havoc on the interior workings, with repair bills amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds every year. Putting diesel in a petrol Lorry engine will cause your engine to cut out and stop working. As diesel doesn’t ignite in the same way that petrol does, the spark plugs which ignite the fuel in your petrol engine will have no effect.
If you have misfuelled your Lorry in Surrey , follow these simple steps to get your engine started.
- If you want to get your Lorry engine to start again, all the fuel needs to be flushed from the fuel system and replaced with petrol or diesel. Call GMM1 Surrey now to get wrong fuel drained from your Lorry by our wrong fuel experts.
- It’s hard to fill a petrol tank with diesel because diesel fuel nozzles are designed to not fit in petrol cars.
- However, it is all too easy to accidentally fill your diesel-fuelled Lorry with petrol.
- Petrol does a lot of damage to your diesel engine as it finishes the lubricant used to keep it ticking over and cause metal components to grate against each other which causes them to crack and decompose.
- This just doesn’t damage the fuel pump and injection systems, it can also destroy the engine completely.